Wednesday 19 June 2013

A new webcam!

As the peak of the breeding season has ended, I wanted a new webcam to watch and monitor the birds in our garden. 
As I can never get very close to the birds on the bird feeder without disturbing them I thought it would be a good idea to get a webcam up on there! I used a clear tub and some clear film to make a housing for the camera and then I connected it to the monitor and got the camera set up! The quality is a lot better than I thought it would be and I hope to get some close up views of the birds!


This camera view may be temporary, but I want to experiment to get the best footage.


Also, as the chicks had gone and the parents left, I nipped up to the bird box to take a few photos of the nest. I couldn't believe how much material they took into the nest. It took up at least half of the bird box!


Here is the nest!


Keep an eye on my blog for some footage using my nest BIRD FEEDER CAM! 




No comments:

Post a Comment