Sunday 19 May 2013

Manic Feeding!

My bird box camera is loosing quality everyday, so I will have to look into that when I take the bird box down to clean later on in the year. The parents of these 6/7 chicks are manically relaying back and forth between a budding apple tree and the nest! There are 6 or 7 hungry chicks in there and there is no time for a break. Also, I have seen some very strange behaviour today; the female blue tit has been trying to fly through our glass windows. I don't know why this is but I will try and find out...

Here are a few pictures of the 5 day old chicks!

(LEFT: MALE, RIGHT: FEMALE)


(THE CHICKS)


Although the quality isn't great I'm sure you can see what is going on!
Here is a short video:


(FEMALE FEEDING THE CHICKS)


(THE CHICKS WANTING MORE FOOD!)


I really don't know what has gone wrong with the camera as at the start of the year it was much clearer! I think next year I am also going to add a opaque window to let some daylight in! And hopefully let the camera switch to colour mode! Overall though, It is great to be able to watch these birds!


No comments:

Post a Comment