Monday 15 April 2013

New bird in my 'patch'!

Today, as I was in the garden i saw some tiny birds circling above me. They moved will extraordinary speed and I soon realised, when I got my binoculars out that they were house martins! I've never seen them around my house before so I'm excited to find out why they are here! I guess that they were coming back to their traditional nesting sites after their migration to Africa and i hope that they are nesting close!....

I also found today, while i was taking my dog for a walk, a badger sett under a hedge! I looked inside with my camera to find many berries and nuts lining the entrance. They seemed to be fresh, so I will continue to monitor it and maybe even get my trail camera down there!

While receiving the footage from my trail camera today i noticed LOTS of track leading into the woodland. They had prints in the mud and they were foxes! Also, i found lots of killed bird remains and some fox scat on the path. There is a much bigger forest nearby and my guess is that the foxes come to the smaller woodland to forage and hunt (as there are many pigeons nesting it in)! We will have to wait till the weekend to uncover what footage i have on my trail camera........

No comments:

Post a Comment