Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Florida Everglades!


The Florida Everglades:
‘The Everglades are a natural region of tropical wetlands in the southern portion of the U.S. state of Florida, comprising the southern half of a large watershed. The Everglades are shaped by water and fire, experiencing frequent flooding in the wet season and drought in the dry season.’

We went on an ‘Airboat Ride’ for 1 hour deep into the everglades; we went on numerous trails and even went to the Everglades National Park. I took my Canon DLSR and my new GoPro camera! I got some lovely shots and some great footage.
Here are my two favourite photos:



I was taking a photo of this beautiful (ibis?) when an alligator appeared! It got a amazing depth to the photo.
This photo of a white ibis is very unique due to the heart shaped lily-pad in the background!

----------------------------------------
We even saw these freshwater turtles. At first we thought they were fish!





On a trail in the everglades!










I think this is a white-chested cormorant!

















No comments:

Post a Comment